Maintaining a carpet cleaner can get really tedious and tiring if you have pets and small children at home. While it’s not feasible or advisable to stop kids playing in the house, the only respite here is buying the right carpet cleaner to clear their messes. With so many carpet cleaners available, you may find this information useful at choosing the right one for your home.
Definition of a good carpet cleaner
The best carpet cleaning machine is one that meets all your cleaning requirements and serves you for a reasonable period of time. Here are some of the important features to consider while shopping for the right cleaner for your carpets.
- As a pet owner, you need a machine which specifically removes pet stains, its hairs and even the odors it leaves behind.
- Though large tanks may be a bit difficult carrying around, they do save your cleaning time as it carries more water which in turn reduces the need of constant refilling.
- Look for a carpet cleaner which has a powerful suction feature as it quickly suctions water to quickly dry the carpet. It can also help suction flood water in case of a machine overflow.
- A carpet cleaner with additional features in the form of extra tools catered towards cleaning pet messes is always a better buy as it offers versatility to the appliance. You can use it for not only cleaning carpets, but also fabric, narrow spaces and stair carpets.
- It’s better if the appliance has powerful brushes which rotate 360 degrees as it easily scrubs all deep spots and stains.
- The best carpet cleaner is one that has a long cord, or is portable which makes covering larger areas so much easier. This makes your cleaning task so much easier.
- It goes without saying that a carpet cleaner with a lengthy warrant is always a better buy as it covers any malfunctions.
Some more tips to help you make your choice
If you think you have found the best pet carpet cleaner, but aren’t sure, just look for these features as they help you make your choice.
Find out how it collects and traps pet hair as the best appliances should have a pet hair basket which traps the pet hair removed from the carpet.
Find out how it removes urine odor as the best cleaners have accompanying carpet shampoos designed to remove pet urine odors and other accidents. It has to be soaked in the carpet and then sucked up to remove all previously existing foul odors to leave the carpet with a fragrant and clean smell.
Reading reviews helps
Of course, it also helps if you go through some carpet cleaner reviews written by previous customers. They provide their personal and true experiences with the carpet cleaner, and if it really is effective for cleaning pet messes. You can find quite a few reviews either on the carpet cleaner’s website or forums.